Choose a Category Below ↓
- Surds and Indics
- Number System
- Profit & Loss
- Height & Distances
- Volumes & Surface Areas
Click Here for More
- Common Errors
- Spelling Rules
- One word Substitution
- Sentence Completion
- Click Here for More
- Computer Awareness
- General Studies - Geography
- General Studies - History
- General Studies - Economics
- General Studies - Indian Polity
- General Studies - Science
- Click Here for More
- Coding - Decoding
- Blood Relation
- Sitting Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
- Click Here for More
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
SSC Conducts the following exams
(a) Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) for posts of Inspector in IT/Central Excise/Dept of post, SI in CBI, Assistant, Divisional Accountant, Auditor, UDC, Junior Accountant, UDC etc.
(b) Combined Higher Secondary level examination (CHSL)
(c) Sub-Inspector in CPO (BSF,CRPF,CISF, ITBP,SSB)
(d) Section Officer (Audit & Commercial)
(e) Junior Engineers Examination
SSC CGL 2017 Tier I Exam Pattern
- General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Verbal Reasoning - Coding - Decoding, Analogy, Classification, Series, Word Formation, Sitting Arrangement, Ranking Test, Sense Test, Blood Relation,Calender and time, Venn Diagrams, Syllogism, Statement and Assumption, Statement and Conclusion, Strong and Weak Argument.
- Non-verbal Reasoning - Series completion, Analogy, Classification.
- English Language:
Common Errors, Prepositions, Synonyms, Spelling Rules, One word Substitution, Idioms and Phrases, Sentence Completion, Sentence Improvement, Cloze Test, Sequence of Sentences and Comprehension.
3. Quantitative Aptitude (Q.A.):
- Algebra - Surds and Indics and Linear Equations.
- Arithmetic - Simplification, Square & Cube Roots, Number System, Ratio & Proportions, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Age Problems, Time & Work, Average, Partnership, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Boats and Streams, Pipes and Cistern, Problems on Trains and Data Interpretation.
- Geometry - Triangles, Trigonometry, Height & Distances, Quadrilaterals & Polygon, Circles and Lines & Angles.
- Mensuration - Area and Volumes & Surface Areas.
- General Awareness (G.A. Syllabus):
NOTE-1 : The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different minimum qualifying standards in each component of the Tier-I Examination taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates. Only those candidates, who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Commission, would be required to appear in the Tier –II Examination.
NOTE-2 : Tier-I examination is used to screen the candidates for appearing in Tier-II examination for various papers which will be specifically required for different groups of posts. Marks of such screened candidates in Tier-I will be taken into account for final ranking of candidates for selecting them for the Computer Proficiency Tests/ Data Entry Skill Test and also for final selection.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier II Exam Pattern :
Tier II Exam Pattern
- Exam is objective type and will be conducted online.
- There are 4 papers, (Paper- 1) Quantitative Ability, (Paper-2) English Language and Comprehension, (Paper-3) Statistics and (Paper-4) General Studies (Finance and Economics).
- Paper-1 & 2 is compulsory for all posts and Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler” and Paper- 4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”.
- Each paper carries 200 marks and exam duration is 2 hours for each paper.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer, negative marking of 0.50 marks in Paper-1, Paper-3 & Paper-4 and negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Paper-1 (Quantitative Abilities) : It comprises with 100 questions and each and every question carrying 2 marks and the overall weight-age for this paper is 200 Marks and there is 0.50 Marks of negative marking is applicable for each and ever wrong answer.
- Paper-2 (English & Comprehension) : In this paper questions are asked from English Language and It comprises with 100 questions and each and every question carrying 2 marks and the overall weightage for this paper is 200 Marks and there is 0.25 Marks of negative marking is applicable for each and ever wrong answer.
- Paper-3 : It comprises with Statistics question and for only those candidates who have applied for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade II & Compiler. And total time duration for this paper is 2 hrs. And Comprises with 100 questions and carries 2 marks for each and every question. there is 0.50 Marks of negative marking is applicable for each and ever wrong answer.
- Paper-4 : It is like Paper-3 which means those applicants who have applied for C & AG and Asst. Audit Officer post they all have to appear for Paper-4 and This paper is comprises with 2 Parts.
* There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In respect of Tier-II, the negative marking system of 0.25 for each wrong answer in paper II (English Language & Comprehension) of Tier-II and 0.50 for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper III and Paper IV of Tier II.