History Important Questions Set-1 for SSC CGL and CHSL Exam
History Important Questions Set-1 for SSC CGL and CHSL Exam.This page contains Practice Questions on History with answers, important SSC CGL, SSC CHSL or 10+2 and other competitive exams. These Multiple Choice Questions has been collected by our team from different previous years exams like SSC CGL, CHSL or 10+2. We hope this will helpful in your exam preparation.
1.Coronation of Shivaji took place in
- 1627 A.D.
- 1674 A.D.
- 1680 A.D.
- 1670 A.D.
Answer : 2. 1674 A.D.
2. Who of the following attended all the three round table conference ?
- B.R. Ambedkar
- Vallabhbhai Patel
Answer : 1. B.R. Ambedkar
3. The system of Dyarchy was introduced in India in
Answer : 3. 1919
4. The editor of ‘Young India’ and ‘Harijan’ was
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- B.R. Ambedkar
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Subash Chandra Bose
Answer : 3. Mahatma Gandhi
5.Who was the first Indian to become British Parliament ?
- Bankim Chander Chatterjee
- W.C. Banerjee
- Dadabhai Naoroji
- None of these
Answer : 3. Dadabhai Naoroji
6. The Greek ambassador sent to Chandragupta Maurya’s Court was :
- Seleucus Nicator
Answer : 3. Megasthenes
7. Identify the European power from whom Shivaji obtained cannons and ammunation :
- The French
- The Portuguese
- The Dutch
- The English
Answer : 2. The Portuguese
8. The call of ‘Back to the Vedar’ was given by ;
- Swami Vivekananda
- Swami Dayanand Saraswati
- Aurobindo Ghosh
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy
Answer : 2. Swami Dayanand Saraswati
9. Simon Commiseration was boycotted by the nationalist leaders of India because
- they felt that it was only an eyewash
- all the members of the commission were English
- the members of the commission were biased against India
- it did not mean the demands of the Indians
Answer : 2. all the members of the commission were English
10. Who among the following British persons admitted the revolts of 1857 as a nationalist revolt ?
- Lord Dalhousie
- Lord Canning
- Lord Ellenborough
Answer : 4. Disraeli
11. Who was the architect of North and South Blocks of the Central Secretariat in Delhi ?
- Sir Edward Lutyens
- Herbert Baker
- Robert Tor Russell
- Antonin Raymond
Answer : 2. Herbert Baker
12. Which one of the following was the Last Buddhist text produced in India ?
- Divya Vandana
Answer : 1. Divya Vandana
13. Worship of Mother Goddess was associated with:
- Aryan Civilization
- Mediterranean Civilization
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Later Vedic Civilization
Answer : 3.Indus Valley Civilization
14. Alexander and Porus fought a battle at :
Answer : 1. Hydaspes
15. The battle of Haldighati was fought between
- Akbar and Rana Sangram Singh
- Akbar and Medini Rai
- Akbar and Rana Pratap Singh
- Akbar and Uday Singh
Answer : 3. Akbar and Rana Pratap Singh
16. The Peacock throne of Shah Jahan was taken away in 1739 by :
- Afghan invader Ahmed Shah Abdali
- Persian invader Nadir Shah
- Mongol invader Chengiz Khan
- British East India Company
Answer : 2. Persian invader Nadir Shah
17. Identify the Buddhist literature from the following :
Answer : 1. Tripitakas
18.Guru Gopinath was an exponent of
Answer : 2. Kathakali
19. What do the painting of Ajanta decipt ?
Answer : 3. Jatakas
20. Seleucus Nicator was defeated by
- Chandragupta Maurya
- Bindu Sara
Answer : 2. Chandragupta Maurya