History Important Questions Set-2 for SSC CGL and CHSL Exam
History Important Questions for SSC CGL and CHSL Exam.This page contains Practice Questions on History with answers, important SSC CGL, SSC CHSL or 10+2 and other competitive exams. These Multiple Choice Questions has been collected by our team from different previous years exams like SSC CGL, CHSL or 10+2. We hope this will helpful in your exam preparation.
1. Who built the Khajuraho temples ?
- Bundela Rajput
- Chandela Rajputs
Answer : 4. Chandela Rajputs
2. Where did Lord Buddha breathe his last ?
- Bodh Gaya
Answer : 4. Kushinagar
3. Where was the first cotton Mill in India established ?
Answer : 2. Mumbai
4. The Kirti Stambha (Tower of Victory) at Chittor was built by
- Rana Pratap
- Rana Kumbha
- Rana Sanga
- Bappa Raval
Answer : 2. Rana Kumbha
5. Who were the first kings to issue gold coins in Indai ?
Answer : 2. Indo-Greeks
6. Which of the following architectural wonders was not constructed in the 12th A.D ?
- Sun-temple of Konark
- Temple of Khajuraho
- Notre Dam, the Paris
Answer : 1. Sun-temple of Konark
7. Who composed the memorable literary character named Winston Smith ?
- George Orwell
- E.M. Foster
- Rudyard KIpling
- R.C Sheridon
Answer : 1. George Orwell
8. In Tamil literature the glorious books 'Shilppadikaram and Manimekhalai' are related to
Answer : 3. Hinduism
9. Where was Saint Kabir born ?
Answer : 2. Varanasi
10. In which of the following systems of land settlement adopted by the English did not provide more production to the interest of farmers ?
- Permanent Settlement of Bengal
- Ryotwari Settlement of Madras
- Zamindari sytem of central states
- Malguljari (land revenue ) settlement of United States
Answer : 2. Ryotwari Settlement of Madras
11. Which of the languages was in vogue during the Mughal period in the courts of India ?
Answer : 2. Persian
12. Which of the following pairs has significantly contributed to integrate the princly states into Indian Union ?
- Sardar Patel and Jawarlal Nehru
- Sardar Patel and V.P. Menon
- Sardar Patel and Mahatma Gandhi
- Sardar Patel and K.M. Munsi
Answer :2. Sardar Patel and V.P. Menon
13. The writer of Ram Charita Manas, Tulsidas, was related to which ruler ?
- Chandragupta Maurya
- Nawab Vajid Ali Sah
Answer : 4. Akbar
14. Who established Mahabalipuram ?
Answer : 1. Pallava
15. What did Hunter Commission appointed by Viceroy probe ?
- Bardoli Satyagraha
- Khilafat Agitation
- Jallianwala Bagh Tragedy
- Chauri Chaura incident
Answer: 3. Jallianwala Bagh Tragedy
16. Which of the following rulers built Ellora Temples ?
Answer : 3. RashtraKuta
17. Who was the chairman of the union powers committee of the constituent Assembly of India ?
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Dr. B.R.Ambedkar
- Sir Alladi Krishnaswami Ayyar
- Jawaharlal Nehru
Answer : 4. Jawaharlal Nehru
18. What do the painting of Ajanta decipt ?
Answer : 3. Jatakas
19. Who was the first Indian to be fellow of the Royal Society of London ?
- Srinivas Ramanujam
- A.C. Wadia
- C.V. Raman
- P.C. Mahalanobis
Answer : 2. A.C. Wadia
20. The subject matter of Ajanta Panitings pertains to
Answer : 2. Buddhism
History Important Questions for SSC CGL and CHSL 2017 Exam